Ayn Rand was an "objectivist" thinker and brilliant woman that was far before her time. Though some of her views are a bit more progressive than I am (at this stage in my life anyhow), there is no denying her sheer GENIUS when it came to her socio-political ideologies. Recently, I received a quote in my MySpace Bulletin from someone who posts as Ayn Rand (though they are moreso a forward thinking group I believe...of people) and they sent me this nugget: "Inflation is not caused by the actions of private citizens, but by the government: by an artificial expansion of the money supply required to support deficit spending. No private embezzlers or bank robbers in history have ever plundered people's savings on a scale comparable to the plunder perpetrated by the fiscal policies of statist governments."-- Ayn Rand, "Who WIll Protect Us From Our Protectors"? The Objectivist Newsletter, May 1952
Thank you to the folks at this site who are able to provide these words of wisdom. All I can say is keep them coming! I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment