Saturday, August 11, 2007

Good intentions for all...

I'm just sitting here thinking. I do believe that the liberals have good intentions...I really do. However, I also feel that those intentions for the most part are socialist and thus, unconstitutional and still provide FAR too much power to the feds. I think it was Toqueville (sp?) that said that socialism was slavery, but I could be wrong. Medicare is not covered under the constitution, nor is Social Security. The right is leaning towards fascism (power of the "State" 'read- the country' takes precedent over the power of the people). This is also unconstitutional as the PEOPLE and the individual states have authority over the federal government (per the constitution). That's why I like Ron Paul. He is a constitutionalist for the most part. Though he isn't afraid to state his own PERSONAL beliefs and opinions...I have a firm trust and belief in this man...that he would not let his personal ideologies or beliefs/value systems change the constitution. But who knows...just my musings.

No comments: